Candidate must be able to travel:
PYSF’s mission is to provide a comprehensive sailing program for all youth in the Bay Area.
From learn-to-sail to national travel teams, our classes stress safety and cultivate
the values of character, community and competitiveness. Our program instills lifelong enjoyment and stewardship of our waterways, ocean space and world environment.
Join our team and make a difference mentoring local youth!
As the Racing Team Program Lead you will report to the PYSF Director.
You will be responsible for developing course curricula for the racing-level team; supervising and ensuring seasonal coaches are following established curricula and adhering to safety regulations; assisting the PYSF Director when hosting events; and performing related duties as needed.
The Racing Team Program Lead works full-time.
Travel is a requirement of this position.
● Coach and oversee all racing-level classes
● Supervise racing-level coaches
● Track sailors’ attendance and progress from season to season (if applicable)
● Assess both strengths and development needs of individuals and team(s)
● Oversee and track maintenance of program-level fleets (C420s and Optis)
● Assist with the maintenance of motorboat and sailboat fleets (as needed)
● Assist with coaching and set-up for regattas, community-building, and fund-raising
● Register and schedule sailors in programs and events
● Perform related duties as required
● Extensive racing-level (C420) coaching experience is highly desirable
● Possession of the following certifications:
– U.S. Sailing “Level 1,2,3”
– U.S. Sailing “Safe Powerboat Handling”
– CPR/First Aid
– Heads-Up Concussion Training
● Knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite tools
● Knowledge of record-keeping principles and practices
Interests, Skills, and Abilities To:
● Work outdoors
● Communicate effectively with children and adults
● Lift/move watercraft and related equipment
● Work a flexible schedule to include weekends and evenings
● Work collaboratively with all PYSF personnel
● Model appropriate coaching behavior
- Compensation and Benefits
● Annual Salary Range $70,000 - $80,000
● Medical and Dental benefits
● Time Off, starting at 10 days per year
● Flexible scheduling
● Employer-provided Workers Compensation, Unemployment, and State Disability Insurance benefits.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Subject: Program Lead application via Sportiwork