PYSF's mission is to provide a comprehensive sailing program for all youth in the Bay Area. From learn-to-sail to national travel teams, our classes stress safety and cultivate the values of character, community, and competitiveness. Our program instills lifelong enjoyment and stewardship of our waterways, ocean space, and world environment.
Join our team and make a difference mentoring local youth!
As the Facilities and Vessel Support Services Manager, you will report to the PYSF Director. You will be responsible for ensuring that Chesapeake and Westpoint Harbor Marina facilities are suitable for daily operation; monitoring motorboat and trailer maintenance; coordinating sailboat maintenance with Head Coaches; and assisting the PYSF Director when hosting events.
This is a full-time position.
● Launch, recover, wash, and fuel motorboats weekly
● Perform minor motorboat and sailboat repairs on-site
● Deliver motorboats and sailboats to boatyards for more extensive repairs
● Perform preventive maintenance work on vessels and facilities
● Monitor scheduled maintenance of sailboats and trailers
● Coordinate and collaborate with head coaches to keep sailing fleets operational
● Perform as a team member when additional support is needed
● Fiberglass repair experience is highly desirable
● Basic marine engine knowledge
● Boat trailer towing experience
● Must have a DMV Class C Driver’s License, and a clean driving record
Interests, Skills, and Abilities To:
● Work outdoors
● Communicate effectively with children and adults
● Lift/move watercraft and ancillary equipment
● Work a flexible schedule that includes weekends and evenings
● Work collaboratively with all PYSF personnel
- Compensation and Benefits:
● Annual Salary Range $50,000 - $60,000
● Medical and dental benefits
● Time Off, starting at 10 days per year
● Flexible Scheduling
● Employer-covered workers compensation, unemployment insurance and State
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Subject: Manager Facilities and Vessel Support Services application via Sportiwork