About the Company
The Cruising Yacht Club of Australia (CYCA) is Australia's premier yacht club and is renowned for hosting the Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race, often referred to as yachting's 'Everest'. Established in 1944, CYCA has become the country's leading advocate for ocean racing, sea safety, and youth sailing development. With an impressive membership base of over 3,500 individuals, the club is situated in Rushcutters Bay, just minutes away from Sydney's CBD. CYCA boasts state-of-the-art facilities, excellent food and beverage operations by The Boathouse Group, and a global reputation that attracts yachts and crews from all around the world.
An exciting opportunity has recently become available in the CYCA's Marketing and Communications team for a passionate and experienced Marketing Coordinator with exceptional writing, social media, and creative skills. This role is perfect for someone who is enthusiastic about sailing and eager to work in the communications field.
- Writing: Create engaging news stories for the Club's websites, weekly newsletter, and quarterly CYCA magazine 'Offshore'.
- Social Media Management: Develop and execute social media content, including writing, production, and posting. Plan social media campaigns and provide detailed reporting on their performance.
- Interviews and Content Creation: Conduct interviews with competitors and members. Utilize basic photography and video editing skills to capture compelling visuals.
- Presentations and Proposals: Assist in creating visually appealing and persuasive presentations and proposals.
- Media Support and Event Management: Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Manager, Digital Content Creator, and the broader media team to provide media support and assist with event management.
- Archives Maintenance: Help in maintaining and organizing CYCA Archives.
This role may require occasional work outside of the standard working week, including evenings and weekends. In addition, availability during the entire month of December is essential for the Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race. Time in lieu will be granted accordingly.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, Sports Management, or relevant work experience.
- Current Boat License or willingness to obtain one.
Experience and Skills
- At least two years of experience in a similar administrative role, preferably within a sailing or sporting organization.
- Strong digital and social media literacy, including proficiency in analytic and reporting tools.
- Basic photography, videography, and editing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- A passionate interest in sailing or sports in general.